Monday 16 November 2009

What does and doesn't sell? Its a mystery...

Yeh, got some better photo's of my stall, had completely forgotten about borrowing my friends camera, so it was a nice surprise when she emailed them to me. Thanks Ali.

I did really well on Saturday, but I was surprised about the things which did and didn't sell. I mostly sold smaller things like Christmas decorations and cards, so perhaps need to make a few more stocking filler type things.

I got a lot if interested in the my textiles art and cushions, but very few sales.



I was selling small ish unframed pictures at between £8 - £15, which I think is quite reasonable, but perhaps people don't come to a craft fair to buy things like that? I also think a few people thought they were cards, so I think I need to make a better sign.

I was selling the cushions for £18, which I don't think is too bad, as there is a lot of work which goes into them, but I am thinking that perhaps they are more suited to a children's room rather than someones living room and then perhaps £18 is quite a lot.

Anyway its given me a lot to think about, but in a positive way. If I think how much I have moved on since the craft fair in the summer then things like this will just help me to continue to develop and improve.

2 comments:

  1. hi helen
    well done on the craft fair, sounds like it was a success, just ish I had the time and the stock to do one this Xmas, maybe next year, i really should make the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its always a mystery to me what people choose to buy. Its so random! Your things are very reasonably priced tho as they are lovely. I think people prefer buying smaller things at craft fairs as they don't want to carry loads of bigger stuff around with them and also I know that I tend to buy stuff under £10 without thinking about it if I like it but anything over £10 would make me think about whether I REALLY want or need it. People may well buy online at a later date having given it a bit of thought. Hope you gave out lots of cards with your details on!! x

    ReplyDelete