Monday 2 August 2010

Difficult

Its funny how you can work on an idea one day and everything falls into place, ideas spark other ideas and you are pleased with everything you do. You then pick up the same project a few days later and nothing goes right and its a real struggle and something that was really exciting two days ago has become difficult. Well that was me and my new pebble project on Friday.


For once I was very sensible, and decided to put it down and work on something else and then come back to it another day, in the end have produced another cushion cover, which although I am pleased, its nothing like the original design and was very hard work to get it to this stage.

I wanted to try and combine some patterned fabric with the pebble embroidery panel, but I could find anything to go with it, I think I am normally quite good a combining colours and patterns, but it just wasn't happening. Maybe it was just a rubbish idea, maybe its just wasn't right in this particular piece, maybe I should just stick to plain fabric?.....

1 comment:

  1. no, i love it,you just need to work on it a bit more til you're happy with it. I can see it going well with some gorgeous tweed, or lovely cosy textured woolen fabric witha gorgeous pebble feature, and maybe some co-ordinating binding around it. You def have something here, don't give up!!

    ReplyDelete