Monday 25 October 2010

GNCCF

This weekend I met up with some friends in Manchester and went to Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair. I really enjoyed it and it was lovely to be able to have a good look around. The fair was huge and we were all exhausted at the end, too much eye candy for one session!

These were some of my favourite things:

Lynsey Walters -I love her bright wool jewellery, I was very tempted to buy something, but just couldn't decide what I liked best as its all so gorgeous.

Sarah Thirlwell - I loved these vases, they looked so beautiful with the light behind them.

Maxine Sutton - I really liked the combination of print and embroidery with bold colours.

Ruth Green - Lovely illustrations and print. Have put a link to her NOTHS shop as I couldn't seem to get onto her website. She has so many lovely prints.
There were loads of other beautiful things by some wonderful makers, (too many to list, so maybe I will do a part 2).

So it was a lovely weekend and great to catch up with some friends who I sadly don't see as often as I would like, but another weekend has gone by without me making a thing. I really need to pull myself together and get making and I am seriously running out of time now! Eeek!

1 comment:

  1. Some lovely work you saw, wish it was closer for me to visit! I'm having the same problem - really need to make loads of new work but other things keep popping up!

    ReplyDelete