Monday 26 July 2010

Productive

I am feeling so much better after a surprisingly productive weekend. Things started well when I was released from work two hours early on Friday as things were really quiet. This meant I had a couple of hours of unexpected sewing time. Fantastic! I made good use of the time and made two peg bags (see images), followed by an evening of doodling in my sketch book and drinking wine.

Saturday I decided to make some samples based on the sketch book doodling I did the night before. It was great just to have a play about and do some experimenting. Really pleased with some of the ideas I worked on, so then made a cushion cover based on the samples and sketch book work. I am really pleased with it and will be listing it in my shop soon.

After this I decided to take my creative flow into a slightly different direction and made goats cheese ravioli from scratch using a recipe from our new cook book - Plenty by Yotam Ottolenghi (its a lovely book) and it was gorgeous. It took a while as its quite fiddly, but totally worth it. Sadly I didn't take any pictures, although it did resemble the picture in the book - result!

Sunday wasn't quite so productive as I had lots of house work to do, but I did manage to re-photograph some of my work, so this week I need to change some of the images in my Folksy shop as well as add some new items. I have so much photography to do that I think I will have to do it in small batches, but I certainly made a start.

I then started another cushion cover. Roll on next weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment