Monday 1 November 2010

One Style

I know now is not the time to think about the direction of my work too much. But it has been playing on my mind slightly, that I may have quite a random selection of work when I display everything together at my first craft fair of the season in a couple of weeks.

I think I can currently slot my work into 3 'collections' Pebbles, Felt Flowers and then my appliqué pieces. I suppose I am just not sure they all work fit together and look like they are made by the same person. Is this even that important? I am also not sure if I should display collections together or mix everything up?

To be honest I think I probably just need to have a play and see what looks best and not worry about it, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have just one style, but then I would probably get bored!

2 comments:

  1. Such a lot of lovely things you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this all sounds very familiar, ie exactly what I was thinking about 6 months ago. I think it's ok to have more than one style, but I've found it really useful to concetrate on one for a while, it's given me a lot more focus. Good luck with all the fairs, sounds like you are going to be very busy!!

    ReplyDelete